27 Jan 2014

Marks & Spencer Moisturising Lip Balm


I got this for Christmas in the vanilla, but my mum has it in Strawberry I think and they both smell divine. The little pot fits nicely into whatever handbag I use so I take it with me most days and the smell makes up for the texture. If you like vaseline, then you will like this.

Packaging: 3/5
I think this looks a bit dated. It's something that wouldn't go amiss in my Grandma's handbag instead of my own. I understand that vanilla is a subtle scent and the packaging sort of matches that theme, but I'd like to see something a little more exciting. On the whole this is a little pot with a large lid. You get 12g of product inside so I think the tub is a tad on the large side for what you actually get.

Scent: 5/5
This has a great potent smell. Forget all about vanilla being subtle (which is another reason why I think the packaging should be louder) because this smell is so dense I can leave it with the lid off in my work corner and it makes the whole room smell lovely.

Durability: 3.5/5
This is a toughy. It's a lot like the vaseline products out there where the product sits on your lip and protects it that way (almost as a gloss) rather than soaking in and moisturising the actual lip. So on the one hand it works because it protects the lips, but it doesn't moisturise the way I like balms to do (like the Burts Bees) so I've knocked a point and a half off for that. It does linger quite a while, which is good, but for people who don't like product on their lips, I can tell this would wipe off easily on a tissue if you had a cold, whilst you're eating etc.

Texture: 3/5
It's very oily and greasy feeling. I don't like touching it really. For the lips, again it's just like some vaseline so some people might like that which is why I've given it a three. If it was just from my personal opinion, I'd give it a two.

Overall: 3/5
I think a mid mark is suited to this product. I wouldn't go out and buy it for myself and I don't really pick it out of the other balms I've got. I do, however, think that a lot of people do like this kind of product so I've kept that in mind with my scoring.

Total: 17.5/25

No comments:

Post a Comment