22 Mar 2013

Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish



I bought this in November when I purchased a gift set for my mum. I bought a couple of things and so was given this as a free gift (for me!). 

I have read numerous reviews of this product so I'm going to keep this one to the point.

1. A little goes a long way. I have used this almost every night and some mornings for two months and only need to use a pea sized amount to cover my entire face and neck. You don't need to slather yourself in it. It's not that type of product.

2. The muslin cloth does all the work. To be honest, the product is nice, but when I washed my face, it was the cloth that made my face feel clean and the cloth that gets the product off my face. I could have slapped a thick bit of good ol' soap on and I'd get the same effect just by using the cloth.

3. It makes my skin feel smooth. The combination of the product and the cloth does work well. The product itself is quite thick and doesn't lather up fantastically, but then I found that applying it thinly all over the area I wanted to clean (and not rubbing in/washing as such) then used the cloth to attack the areas I want to really clean, my skin felt super.

4. Would I repurchase? I don't think I would without exploring other options first. On the one hand, I'm really impressed with how nice my skin feels after using this, but I think it has more to do with the hot cloth rather than the actual product. On the other hand, I've noticed there are a couple of others around at the moment and I'd like to try those before making another purchase.

5. The price.
It's £9.25 for a 100ml starter kit and at that price, and no I wouldn't pay that price for this. However, I recently bought a Mothers Day kit (review to come) and I got another pump free as I spent a certain amount of money and I appreciate that little 'free' gift.

I feel a bit on the fence about it because although I really loved it, when I think seriously about using it only the effect of the cloth really comes to mind. And that questions whether it matters if I use the product over any other kind of cleanser.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried this one a few times but to be honest the Superdrug Natural Radiance hot cloth cleanser is just as good!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete