4 Feb 2012

Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash

This is another product I got for Christmas. It's a bit of a lower priced product compared to the Clinique products, but it works brilliantly all the same.



When I first squeezed it out, it looked to me like a kind of gel handwash type consistency and I'd say that was a good description of it. It doesn't particularly foam (despite claiming it does) or spread exceptionally well, but it's kind on the face and doesn't clean in a way that makes my face feel really tight (something I appreciate in a product).

The brand 'Simple' are known for their priorities in creating products that have all the ingredients that are necessary and nothing else, however looking on the back there are a LOT of ingredients in there that have no specific meaning to me, and that disappointed me a bit. On the other hand though, it does state though that there are no ingredients derived from animals in there so vegans will be pleased about that.

It also claims there is no smell, but although it's not pungent I can smell a clean, almost T-tree kind of smell on the product. Fortunately it doesn't stay on my face once I've finished washing and drying my skin.

From a cleansing point of view, which is what you'd buy the product for, it takes off all my makeup without any fuss. I can massage it around my eyes to get my mascara and eyeliner off and although if it gets right into my eyes it does obviously sting, generally speaking I can wash my face as I like to and still have my sight at the end of it.

I really like this product although I'm a little disappointed with the amount of product I need to use in order to clean my entire face. That might just be me and my heavy handed way of washing(!) though and despite the largish amount I use, the product is actually lasting really well. The cost of the product is about £3.50, Boots have it on sale at £3.59, but I found it at Tesco at a straight £3.50 so be careful to shop around for Simple products.

At that price I would repurchase. It lasts well, does what I'd buy it for and I have no bad reactions to it - what more can I ask for?

Have any of you used Simple products before? This is probably one of the first I've ever really used on a regular basis and I'm quite impressed.

x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good :) Thanks for the review. I use the simple moisturiser and makeup remover and like those :D Might try this too some time.
    Just started following your blog :D Would love you to check out my blog and follow back if you like :)
    http://blissfulbeautyxox.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I'll have to give it a go!
    Would love you to stop by my blog & check out my latest post!
    Happy Monday hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete