8 Jun 2010

Topshop Lipstick

Hullo!

There has been a lot of hype and excitment over the Topshop makeup range and I obvs had to have a little sneaky peek. I wish I'd have bought more than just the one lipstick, but hopefully, after payday, I'll be able to buy what I want :)

So, I bought this beaut.



First off, I really like the packaging. I know some people really hate it, but I quite like the feel of the tube and tbh there's not much you can do to make a listick tube interesting or different.

The colour is Rio Rio and a bright red which stands out for miles. I quite like the consistency of the product although I think it would be easier to apply with a lip brush because it is very difficult to remove so precise application is a must. It's quite a 'wet' lipstick so it moisturises and feels really smooth on the lips, however it's not THAT wet that it slides about. It's just right.





The only downsides I can think of about this product is that the day after wearing it my lips feel incredibly dry and sometimes crack slightly which is uncomfortable to say the least. Although staying power is quite a good point for when you want to wear it, it's a bit stubborn when you need to remove it and I ended up looking like I've been eating beans or tomato soup for a few hours afterwards.

Apart from that I really like the product and I would recommend it for its intense colour and lasting abilities.

I reeeaally want to try some other Topshop makeup now :)

x

14 comments:

  1. Looks lovely i have not tried any of the topshop makeup yet but want to try the cream blusher 1st x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, you should try the cream blushers. The consistency of them is amazing :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get any of the lipsticks, but this one looks great on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about the cream blushers, I want one so bad!
    Thank you all for your nice comments :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really pretty!

    http://fallingformakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that colour really suits you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color! Great blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnaks for this review

    I am itching to try out topshop makeup

    p.s your pretty ;)


    MON CHERI !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour really suits you! I love the Topshop makeup too... I bought the Brighton Rock lippie and I adore it! xx

    www.thatspeachy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that red colour is gorge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The love the packaging too. It's a bright red, and you pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your comments! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this color, i must get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the lipstick looks fab on you!
    however, don't really like the packaging and the quality doesn't seem great. i have my eye on their nail varnishes though!

    ReplyDelete