26 Apr 2010

Botanics Radiant Red Shampoo and Conditioner

I haven't posted in a while and I'm so sorry about that! However, I have been testing out a few things and I can now safely give you some good reviews on them instead of posting a review too soon.

In my last post, I showed you the Botanics Shampoo and Conditioner, specially formulated for red and brunette hair (mainly red). Seeing as my hair needs redying every two/three weeks I thought I would give it a go.

Both of these products use henna in them and that was one of the main reasons I chose them. You can smell the henna, however compared to the henna I actually dye with, it's fairly subtle and just leaves a faint, quite clean smelling fragrance to my hair and I quite like it.

Both bottles are fairly small in size, I think they're about 150ml, which for something I use everyday normally wouldn't last long, however the shampoo lathers extremely well and I need very very little in order to clean my entire head. Because it includes henna, the shampoo cleans very well and also leaves my hair very soft and silky. I will warn you that it is very red and might be a bit shocking when you first use it, but this is quite a good thing for me as I can tell that I have rinsed it out when the water runs clear.

The conditioner takes the colour to another level. Conditioners are obviously a very different consistency to shampoos and this is very silky to the touch and a very deep red colour. If you're squeemish of blood I don't think this would be the product for you because it splatters all over my shower/bathtub and looks as if I've been stabbed or something. *recommend giving the shower/bath a rinse down after using this!

Despite the mess it makes, the conditioner actually works very well. It isn't too heavy to pull the hair down, but it isn't light enough to not moisturise the tips well. I use heat on my hair nearly everyday and so my ends are frazzled. After using this for a week my ends are much, much smoother and softer to the touch. I found that using heat to style my hair actually worked much easier so I have to use less - double bonus!

For those people who are worried it might dye their hair, unless you have very light/blonde hair, it does state it's for brunette/red hair so don't use it. For those of your with dark brown/ginger hair, I very much doubt that it will dye your hair bright red although it might make your hair richer in colour which can only be a good thing, right?

I would recommend these products and I very much enjoy using them. I would probably repurchase however, I will see how long it takes to use up these small bottles.

More reviews soon!
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)

    I used to buy the Toni and Guy red shampoo and conditioner when I had red hair.. I tried a few back then but rarely found one that didn't weigh my hair down or make it feel icky because of the colour inside them, so the Boots ones sound good :)

    Im using the Phyto range at the minute (Ive done a post or two on them in my blog), I have to say that its really locking in the colour despite it being for thinning hair and not coloured hair, so I assume the ones intended for coloured hair could work even better!? I wish it would do the opposite sometimes though, I cant wait for this semi to wash out!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I might give that range a go once I've finished these beauties :)
    x

    ReplyDelete