25 Mar 2010

So much choice

I get bored easily.

Which means that I tend to swap what products I use and mix and match to whatever I'm feeling like. Especially since I've gained so many freebies the past couple of weeks I'm using all sorts.

So, to start with Cleansers.



On the left there is the Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Moisturiser. I've used this twice so far and both times my face has reacted badly, however the reaction hasn't lasted long and my face has felt really clean. I will review this later on this week and compare it to the No7 Age Defence Cleansing Balm. I've used the latter once and it was beautiful. I think you can guess which one I like best.
In the middle there's the old fav St Ives Olive Oil face scrub. I don't think I'll ever stop using this. Wakes me up on a morning and gets me ready for sleep. Can't get much better.

Secondly moisturisers.



In general I use the Botanics Day Cream (in the round pot) because it just feels gorgeous on my skin, however I'm starting to like the Clinique Dramatically Different lotion because it works well with all my other Clinique products. I seriously dislike the feel of it on my hands though because it feels dry, but greasy and I can't stand that on my hands. On my face though, it feels rather nice.
The large tube at the back is the renound Aqueous Cream, to the right there's the Nivea Soft and on the left there's the bnatural Soothing Hand Cream which I used to use every day on my face. I think Tesco still sell bnatural, but I'm not sure.

Next: bases.


Obviously in the middle there's the Clinique Redness Solutions base. Benefit Boi-ing on the right hand side and the Realness of Concealness kit on the left, both by Benefit. I love all of these products for different reasons, but one they all share is that these three things are the products that hide all my blemishes away and make me feel a lot more confident with myself. The Boi-ing is great on under eye circles and on my spots or red areas whilst the kit provides me with lip plump, lemon-aid etc. All three of these products are beauts.

Foundation.



I don't use all of these at once! if I'm popping out to the shop, I'll bash on some Maybelline Matte Mousse (Nude) which gives an absolutely flawless finish and no shine whatsoever. On a daily basis, for work or uni I wear the Clinique Superfit (bare) with a dusting of Natural Collections Powder in Warm Translucent. The final product I'm trying my hardest to put up with (!) is the No7 Lift and Luminate in Porcelain. I cannot stand the smell or the texture of it no matter how hard I try. It started off smelling like suncream and now it just reminds me of fish. I don't know about you, but I seriously don't want to go round smelling fish all day. On the occassions I have applied it, I've had to use the powder, mainly because it's very, very shiney and doesn't give that much coverage.
The large Botanics tube is tinted moisturiser. Before Christmas, this stuff was one of my favourite products, since I've dyed my hair and since I've begun working in Sainsbury's chilled section, I've needed more coverage to combat my horrible redness. Bring on Summer!

A bit of blush.


At the moment I've been using each of these equally as they're pretty much the same colour. The round one is the natural Collections Pink Cloud whilst the Clinique palatte holds blushing blush. Both are a very pale pink which looks lovely with my hair colour.

Finally the eyes.


From left to right:
Maybelline Collossal Volum' mascara in Black (waterproof)
No7 Extreme Length Mascara
Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara
Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (waterproof)
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil (01)
No7 pencil eyeliner (black)

I swear by the Great Lash. It works beautifully, however I tend to build up my lashes by adding different mascaras on top. So today for example, I have the Clinique mascara over the top. If I wanted a more fanned kind of lash I would use the No7 mascara. If I wanted to look as if I could hardly open my eyes I would use the collossal.

I wear Rimmel almost everyday with some pencil over the top to darken it. And I really like the brow pencil although it breaks very easily, which I'm quite disappointed with.

Anyways, that's it for now. Talk soon!
x

2 comments:

  1. Great little post!
    I recognise a lot of my fav products there too!
    Love Benefit Boing and swear by the St ives face scrub :)
    xxx
    Milly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Clinique blush packaging!!
    Nice blog you've got here! I am following you now.XX

    ReplyDelete