13 Mar 2010

Poorly

I feel horrific. And because of this, I've decided that today I'm going to tell you some medicines/products I use when I feel ill. The only pill I can swallow is the contraceptive pill and I literally have to put it down my throat with my fingers because I CANNOT swallow pills. At all. Olie laughs at me every day when I take it because I look so perculiar.

Anyways, this means I do not take paracetamol, ibuprofen or anything like that.

If I feel ill with a stomach ache, like today, Rennies are really really helpful.


(Source)

The soft chewable ones taste quite nice, they're not strong or pungent in any way and they're a bit minty which is always a bonus. The mint is meant to settle an upset tummy. I have a couple of these and a cup of tea and my belly usually feels a bit better.
These are also really good for when I have belly cramps on that time of the month. I don't quite know how that works, but I feel a lot better after I've had some. And for only £2.69 they're quite a bargain.

If I feel really just bleugh, Beechams is my medicine of choice.


(Source)

Beechams all in one is £5.18 from Boots for 240ml and as all you really need is a teaspoon or so, it lasts ages. It really does sort your body out and doesn't taste foul either.


(Source)

Night Nurse is an aquired taste. It's one of those things you screw your face up at, but will come back for a second helping. It's very strange. If I've had a few days of feeling ill and haven't slept well either, Night Nurse knocks me out. The best thing you can every do when you're ill is sleep and if I can't get to sleep on my own, Night Nurse is the next best thing. When I wake up the next day, I'm as fit as anything. It's £5.08 from the lovely Boots and I believe you can also get a day version so if you want the effectiveness of Night Nurse, but without the sleeping-ness, Day nurse works just as well.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope you feel better soon! I'm sick today too, with my like 7th head cold this winter! Ugh I'm so tired of being sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better too! I don't understand headcolds! How is it possible to have such blocked sinuses yet such a runny nose?! x

    ReplyDelete