12 Mar 2010

No7 High Shine Lip Gloss

Today I'm going to tell you about several products and things I think you might like.

Numero uno.

(Source)

I don't normally wear anything on my lips but a bit of the ol' faithful Burts Beeswax and I got No7 High Shine Lipgloss in my free gift so I was ready to try out some lip products from the perspective on a lip product virgin. Those of you who have been following me for a while will know I only own one lipstick and the review of that is here. If you click on that link, there's also a mini version of my last post on the Great Lash Mascara.

So, onto the lipgloss. I put it on after applying Benefits lip plump as I have quite red lips anyway so, as I didn't was massively bold lips, the lip plump provides a neutral base. I was really surprised at how easy it was to apply. I've used one lipgloss before and the tip of the applicator was quite large and bulky, whereas this applicator is really small and precise.

The gloss is quite pigmented and I really like texture of it. It's not at all sticky which I expected it to be. The colour is a dark rich pink which (as the name suggests, shines a lot). The other great thing about this product is the taste! It's gorgeous and sweet. I can't place the taste exactly, but it's not at all unpleasant. Some of the lipglosses I've considered buying before have smelt really quite pungently of chemicals and just basically rank, and this surprised me again by being completely opposite.

Overall a really nice product, easy to use and great for just glam-ing up your look or just adding touch of colour to your face on a rainy day. I think I would actually go and find a colour I want and buy it full price. And I've recommended it to my mum as I found (with the lip plump) it stayed on my lips for longer than I expected and I got little tastes of it every so often, which was really nice!

The Second thing I wanted to talk to you about is that the lovely Lauren is having a competition and despite the competition, you should really check out her blog as she has gorgeous 'Face's of the Day' photos, great reviews and a beautifully cute daughter :) This picture is THE cutest photo ever.

Last but not least, Mothers Day! On my other blog, Pea. I wrote a load of stuff about filling a shoebox (or a box I bought from Paperchase) with lots and lots of makeup and skincare products in. My mum's birthday was in January and since then I've heard a lot about her gaining in confidence and feeling much better about herself (although this might be because she's found someone ♥) So what I'm trying to say is, you don't have to buy as much as I did (I bought about £100+ worth of things), but maybe your mum would like a little something, or maybe something she's talked about for a while. I felt so good when saw my mums face as she opened it. Money doesn't matter as soon as the person receives it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment