22 Feb 2010

Three is a magic number

So the first of todays three reviews is going to be something other than body/skincare, and I haven't made my mind up what the other two are going to be yet so it'll surprise me as much as it will you.

Soooo MAC Lipstick in 'Myth'.

(Source)

This is the colour of it, although a better photo can be found on Jess' blog here. It's a fantastic nude colour and that picture above does it no justice really, so this is a swatch of the colour on my hand:



This is the first lipstick I've ever bought and I really wish I'd discovered them earlier as it's a beaut. It glides on really easily and isn't drying at all.

The only problem I have with it though is that it rubs off my lips at the slightest touch so I have to keep reapplying. However, I also purchased the Realness of Concealness kit which includes lip plump and that is a perfect base for any lipstick and makes the colour STAY. I would definately recommend purchasing lip plump if you have trouble keeping lipstick in place, whatever brand.

I haven't got any other colours although Nottingham has a very good MAC store that I'm tempted to visit soon. Retailing at £12.50, it's quite expensive for a student, however it is worth it for the quality you get.

Anyways, I will complete the other two reviews later on today/tonight so keep an eye out!


The second product is duh duh duuuuuuuhhhh Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.


(Source)

I've been using this for a while now and I went off it a bit after discovering the Maybelline Colossal volum' Mascara, but I found it again and I really like it. The wand is quite small, but it's really good at getting the product onto the lashes and seperating them - making them look really really beautiful. With the small wand, it's easy to apply product to the inner and lower lashes as well. Which can only be a good thing.

The downer of this mascara is that it flakes off. Not in huge chunks or anything like that, but you can easily pull some off or flick it off. I tend to pull at my eyelashes when I'm bored (strange I know), but sometimes I get a bit of this mascara in my eye and I rub most of it off when I try to get it out of my eye.

I have the waterproof version and it works so I can't really say much there, except there's been quite a few bad reviews of the waterproof version and I have to say I disagree with them entirely. This mascara does exactly what it's meant to and for under £5, you can't go wrong!


The third and final review is Clinique Superfit foundation.


(Source)

I was bought this the end of last month and have been putting off reviewing it because I like it, and I don't. When I first got it, I couldn't apply it without leaving streaks of it across my face and where my dry patches are, it just highlighted it. I also found that if I rubbed it, it kind of scrunched up as if it were a facemask, which was weird.

Now however, I have a steady skincare routine and I moisturize every morning and night before applying my makeup etc so my dryness has ceased and I apply some Benefit Lemon-Aid (also found in the Realness of Concealness kit) to the redness on my cheeks before applying the superfit.

It's meant to stop your face becoming greasy without blocking your pores and that it does. It's quite a good match to my skintone too (I have Bare) so after using cheap drugstore brands since I started wearing makeup, I now look pale. Quite a difference, but not a bad one.

I would recommend going to the counter and asking for tips on how to apply because I really hated the foundation for a few weeks before perservering and getting the hang of it.

Although I didn't buy it, I think it's about £20. I'd look online, but it was an anniversary present so until I run out, I'm not looking :)

I hope you like the reviews! Another one's coming tomorrow.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment