11 Feb 2010

St Ives Olive Scrub

Olie's mum brought me some olive oil based soap after she went to Greece and I found it cleaned amazingly well, and also left a barrier on my skin stopping the dryness I get when I wash. I'd also read some raving reviews on the St Ives Apricot scrub so when I saw this olive scrub I thought I may as well give it a go.


(source)

It comes in a 150ml tube with a flick cap so it's easy to get the product out. The product itself smells really fresh (I don't know what olives smell like so it might smell of those?) and to me it's got a clean smell. It's quite concentrated so there's not much need to use a lot of it at once and it doesn't lather AT ALL.
However, although I was disappointed it didn't lather, after rubbing it all over my face and then washing it off, I don't see the need for lathering because it does it's job just as well. There are tiny little bits in it which help to exfoliate the skin and I've experienced no dry patches in the two weeks I've been using it.

The back blurb says:

'Mild enough for frequent use, your skin is left re-energised, feeling moisturised and smooth with a healthy glow.'

I agree totally with this statement. I use it every morning and night and if I didn't want to, I wouldn't need to apply moisturiser anymore (I do though, because I like the smell of the botanics).

If you're prone to greasy or dry skin this would be perfect for you as it cleanses, moisturises and smooths without having to scrub or make your face go red (like I used to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment